Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tight Jeans

I hate that we are in a tight clothes trend again. When I was in California, everyone was wearing these gross tight jeans that are the style now. I first saw them about a year and a half ago, and I was hoping they wouldn't catch on, but of course they did. They are gross, and they aren't flattering to even the thinnest people.

Sometimes baggy clothes are the style, and if you're overweight, you can hide a bit more. Then skinny clothes come back in, and we're either stuck wearing totally out of style clothes, or we look like "fat guy in a little coat." What gives?

I feel like people are getting skinnier. Is it me? Every where I go, I see really skinny people. Where people used to be average, they are now skinny. I think skinny is back in - it has to be with all these tight clothes!

I may need to adjust my goal weight! LOL. Seriously, I was never aiming to be skinny, and I always envisioned myself at goal on the built side, but not the skinny side. I can't imagine that - I think I'd look gross skinny, but who knows, maybe I could pull it off. I really, really can't imagine even wanting to be skinny.

Anyway, now that this skinny jeans trend is in full bloom, I'm hoping it's on the way out. Let's bring back the baggy clothes while I lose my last 80 lbs, okay??? Please? Thanks.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Skinny jeans are a trend but regular jeans will always be in style in the background, no? They never went totally out before.

I haven't noticed a lot of skinny peeps around but I will pay closer attention to see if I notice anything

and no, you would not look good skinny!

Go for built.

;-)

Anonymous said...

You can never be too rich or too thin. Hmmm...that must be how God created Tori Spelling.

Anyway thin is always in. I don't know if there are more people or if you are just more concious of it now.

Oy vey..skinny jeans are back. Let me break out my Jordache