Sunday, April 26, 2009

Quick, healthy, delicious summer treat

We were having so much fun outside yesterday, I didn't want to take a long time to prepare a big meal. I purchased some frozen jumbo shrimp on Friday, and I used half of it in the shrimp scampi, but I had half left still.

I bought several seasoning packets at the store, and I used a garlic and herb one yesterday. I put six shrimp on each skewer, sprayed them down with butter spray, sprinkled the shrimp with the seasoning, and grilled them for a short time on each side. They were delicious!

I also used the same butter spray and seasoning to make a packet of green and yellow string beans on the grill, folded up in aluminum foil.

The meal took about 3 minutes to prepare, and 5 minutes (if that) to cook on the grill. It was as easy as possible, and oh so yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love BBQ'ing in the Summer

Alison... said...

simply delish