Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hello Summer!

I'm not sure what's happening with the weather, but I'm loving it! For the next few days, it's going to be in the high 70's and 80's in New Hampshire. We are forecasted to have an 84 degree day on Tuesday, but then it will drop to 65 for Wednesday. I'm going to make the most of these summer days while I can!

The weather in New England can be depressing. We have suuuuuuuch long winters, but the spring, summer and fall are wonderful, so it appears to be a trade off. I would still prefer to the spend the winter months somewhere warm!

When we have warm weather, after month and months...and months of dreary winter, it's just about impossible for me to stay in the house. I had a big project for work that I wanted to accomplish yesterday, but I had to put it on hold. It was just too nice out! Now thankfully, I had started working at 6AM, so I had 7 hrs of work in by 1PM, and I won't have too too much to make up this weekend. :)

I couldn't help it. I was working from home, and I live on the water, and I just had to be outside, so I was! Darcy and I went kayaking for about an hour and a half. We took some breaks, but it was wonderful being out on the water, in the warm sun. We even got some color!

We docked our kayaks at cupcake island for a few minutes, and relaxed in the warmth. Ahhhhh.... I do think that our winters make us appreciate our summers SO much more.

We put the dock in the water yesterday (pictured above), and now I'm going to be very anxious to get the boat in! The water is too low now, so it will be at least another month. I'm just glad we have kayaks so that we can cruise around in the mean time!

I'm going to buy some inflatable kayaks this weekend so that our friends can join us when they visit. I was going to buy some "cheap" used kayaks on Craigslist to have around the house, but the cheapest kayaks I could find were $250 each. Inflatable it is! I've actually read some great reviews, so we shall see!

We had a *wonderful* night last night. We grilled out, and had friends over. I made seasoned jumbo shrimp on the grill, and I mixed it in with shrimp scampi. Stephanie made a FANTASTIC salad with homemade dressing that was to die for, and we ate outside with Stephanie, Carolyn, Lanie and Billy. So nice!!

After that, we had a small fire:

Jimmy and friends stopped by, and the fire grew!:


:)

We had a great night sitting around the fire, laughing, and playing with the dogs. There were 5 of them there!

Little Henry was so exhausted, he curled right up in our laps, but he didn't want to go in for fear he may miss something! LOL

When I woke up this morning, my neck and shoulders were SORE from putting the dock in, and kayaking, so I hopped in the hot tub. As I looked across the water, the sun was rising, and the rays were streaking through the clouds in the pink sky. It was quite a sight.

I'm so thankful to live in such a beautiful place. I never forget how very special it is.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

The pictures are gorgeous and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the nice weather. It's so nice to be outside finally!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice time. I should buy something to torture my gusts when they come to visit as well/