Friday, June 19, 2009

My big fat checklist

I have a LOT to do before leaving for Nashville tomorrow, but I'm well on my way. I've been up since 5:15, and I've already completed about 25% of my checklist for the day. If you aren't a list maker, I recommend you become one immediately. :)

For me, at least, it's the difference between chaos and organization. I love my lists, and I live by them...I even just love the satisfaction I get from crossing things off the list. What fun.

Thankfully, I delivered my keynote speech last night without a hitch. I wish I had more time to prepare it, but I didn't, and it was fine. I received extremely generous feedback regarding the speech, well beyond its merits. That's one big thing off my list, as I move onto the rest.

I'm feeling a bit tired, as I have been for weeks, courtesy of New England allergy season in FULL swing, so I'm going to workout now. I always feel energized and refreshed after a good workout...and it's another thing I can cross off my list. :)

I'm not even remotely prepared for my CD recording next week, but I'm hoping that changes between now and Monday. I pretty much know all the songs, and I'm really hoping the producer will coach me and work with me on the styles for each of the songs, because I haven't had a chance to give that much thought yet.

I meet with him on Sunday afternoon, so at least by then I'll have a good idea of what to expect for Monday.

Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a listmaker myself. There is a satisfaction that comes from checking off each task. I am glad you are going through your tasks quickly.