Monday, June 15, 2009

Life's Good


We're having the downstairs bathroom redone while we're away, and we had to get a new washer and dryer since our washing machine was broken. We only had a small stackable unit before, and boy, did we upgrade.
.
After hours of online research, I went with the LG (Life's Good) brand steam washer and steam dryer. They are supposed to get stains out way better and just about remove the need to iron. Also, the steam dryer has a sanitary cycle that can clean items that are unable to be washed conventionally, like throw pillows, etc... I've also heard you can use it for dry cleaning - we'll see.
.
They cost a lot more, but they are huge, and they have great capacity, and will save like 1000 gallons of water/year, and they have virtually no sound, and they know if you put too much detergent in, and they have 10 different cycles, and all the new bells and whistles.
.
At Home Depot, they said that LG is by far, the best brand for washers and dryers. I read that online too. The reviews I read for these items were all unbelievably positive, so I'm hoping it's true. I've probably only done 10 loads of laundry in my entire life (no, it must be more like 25 - LOL), so the fact that I would spend the money on these items seems a bit silly, but my laundry girl is SURE excited! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mazeltov! They are beautiful.

Stain in good health

Alison... said...

I wouldn't expect you to buy anything of lesser quality or price - and you didn't disapoint!

;-)