Friday, October 2, 2009

Peace of mind

There is never enough time. The only time I take to rest (usually) is when I don't feel well. I don't know how other people have time to argue with Amazon.com about incorrect charges - I end up kissing the $600 goodbye, because who has the time?? Who has the time to read their mail? I can't imagine. Seriously.

I have taken on a bit much, as usual, and my first step in clearing the insanity away is getting more organized at home. I need a bigger office. I have sooooo many projects I'm working on, in addition to the jobs, school work, bible study, lake association, etc..., and I need space for all of them.

I am a creative being, and my creativity gets stifled in all the clutter that I surround myself with - mentally and physically. My CD is being held up because there are a few administrative things I have to do on my end, and I just haven't had the chance to - who has the time?? :)

I just emailed TJ's awesome contractor, who I have used before, to see if he can come up here asap to build the 3rd bedroom/office for me. I have found someone to take the gargantuan entertainment center for free (a $4000 value - who has the time to sell it?), and all I need is a giant desk. Actually, I'm thinking of just having Raul (contractor) build me one for the room, but I'm open to his thoughts. He usually talks me out of my bad ideas.

The bedroom doesn't work for me either. The furniture is huge, but I still have way too much stuff for it. Maybe I should simplify, rather than buying more furniture. Yeah, probably. I suppose I don't need 500 hats and 3000 t shirts...don't get me started on the shoe problem.

I think part of mental health is a well organized house/life. I hope I am feeling up to the challenge to take on sorting out my clothes/house/life this weekend, so I'll be better prepared to fight Amazon.com, get my CD finalized (finally), and do the rest of the stuff I was put on this earth to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You thrive on having a jam packed schedule. Since the day I have met you there has always been a multitude of projects on your plate, and try as you might, I just don't think you have the ability to just say no to any task that comes your way.

You are in fact a creative spirit and for you I think you fulfill your wide array of interests by allowing yourself the opportunity to dabble in many.

Alison... said...

I got an idea, why don't you give away your 2 house then build a new one from scratch and have it built exactly how you want it.

;-)

Glad you're organizing your life again, it seems like you have to do this every so often to keep [somewhat] sane.

Carmen said...

oh I hear you sister. I can't function in clutter. That's why I've already burned through 3 paper shredders. I LOVE them. I shred everything I don't need so that I never have to look at it again and I won't get identity thefted...lol! if you want to give away any other expensive free stuff, you just let me know. Only problem would be figuring out how to get it from your place to mine...hmmm