Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Does this look like joy to you??


Okay - DISCLAIMER:  Not my actual home office, but not far either.

We have been having construction on my new home office, off and on, for the past 2 weeks.  The upstairs is all torn apart, as is our bedroom that is home to overflow of stuff, and the downstairs is covered in tarps to protect from all the dust/junk from the project.  It is a rather unsettling way to live.

I can't pay bills - I have no idea where they are.  I am having trouble doing my homework, because I can't find my books.  It's almost impossible to relax in this space, and I don't know how I thought adding this office was going to help me choose joy!

:)

I kid, but it has been a tough few weeks.  As far as I know, they will be finishing the project today, except for building the closet which I will desperately need to get organized, but for now, I think I can manage.  I am hoping Darcy can put most of humpty dumpty together without me, since I have a very busy week planned, but some stuff I will have to do myself, and I won't be able until Saturday.  I can't wait to get organized!

I know I'm in the home stretch, but I can't wait for this to be done!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I got a knot in my stomach at the look at that picture, I think TJ will have a stroke when he sees it -

OMG, awful but hopefully it will be done soon!

Anonymous said...

Alison was right. I was about to grab my cleaning supplies and head on up to Manchester to help until I saw it wasn't really your home office. They say home renovations are among the most stressful things you can go through, but you are right, in the long run you are adding value, and more usable square footage to your home.

I can't wait to see the finished project!!