Thursday, July 9, 2009

Weekend Away


Our friend's Nick and Amanda are getting married on Southport Island, ME this weekend. We rented out a little cottage in nearby Boothbay Harbor, and it's pet friendly, so our darling little Henwy will be joining us.
.
Tomorrow night is an outdoor lobster/clambake thing by the ocean, and later on there'll be a fire. I'm hoping to feel well enough to hang out with everyone for a while, but I'm nervous to be near the coast at night while I'm still recovering from pneumonia. I'm going to bring lots of layers!
.
The wedding will be outside on Saturday. I'm *so* glad the weather is supposed to be nice. They are an adorable, loving couple, and I'm really happy that everything is working out well for them! They each deserve a wonderful wedding, and a long lasting love. They are very good kids.
.
I'm hoping the sun will dry out my congested chest tomorrow while I lay out by the pool at our resort!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

Have a wonderful time!

Nick and Amanda are a great couple for sure - give them my well wishes.

Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Calling people kids at 32 only works if they are 12...lol. That is reserved for people MY age...lol

Carmen said...

I love weekend getaways...even if I haven't had one in over two years! I hope you get feeling better, how the heck do you get pneumonia during the warm months anyway? I thought that was saved for winter time?