Thursday, July 30, 2009

So far, so good


I'm having a really good week. I love the work I'm doing for our new client, and I love working with an organization with such a wonderful and altruistic mission. I'm such a bleeding heart, it's true.
.
My parents tried to return me when they realized what a little liberal I was becoming as a young adult but it was too late. ;-) You're all stuck with me!
.
Anyway, I'm loving the work, and even though I've been extremely busy, I've had a great feeling of accomplishment, and I've been learning a lot too.
.
I ended up working from home yesterday, and I'll spend Friday in the office. It was a good thing I did because I never would have made it through the volume of work I had to do with the usual office distractions. I always find it odd that I can get so much more work done at home, as opposed to at work.
.
Our house is kind of hot. None of the AC's work very well, and by 10AM yesterday, I was getting quite lethargic from the heat. It was no problem, though. I put on my swim trunks and ran outside and jumped into the water!
.
Well, not exactly...but that's how I envisioned it happening. In all actuality, with my bum knee, I hobbled down the walkway into the water, but once in, I totally jumped off of one foot. Henry joined me, and it was FUN.
.
I was only in the water for a few minutes, but I went back up to my office and worked in my wet trunks and t shirt for the next few hours. It cooled me right off! When I got hot again in the afternoon, I did it again.
.
I'm in my very warm office today, and I'm really wishing there was some sort of dunk tank here.
It's occurring to me now that Alison's pool is only about 5 minutes from here. I think I'm going to do some lunchtime swimming next week if it's still this hot. I hate to take a break for lunch, but if I'm hot, I'm going to. I get more done if I'm not melting into my chair.
.
Oh! Also good news, my boat is fixed, and I think I'm going to have it back tonight! It was only $300 or so to fix it, and that's a relief. I hope it's all set for the rest of the year, because I'm ready to do some yachting! ;-)
.
We have plans to meet up with friends later tonight, but if I have my boat and it's sunny out, I'll be on the water! I think it's time for me to take a night off from work....although I need to check my Friday deadlines first!
.
On the health front, I think my eye is getting better. My knee is very slowly getting better. I hope it's fixed in 2 more weeks.
.
I hope you are all well!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

Love the picture!

Too bad you couldn't go to... I dunno... your air conditioned office to work -

Stoop.

JK... I know you needed to be home to do what you needed to do yesterday.

YAY on the boat! Glad it's fixed. I'll await my invite for my boat ride tonight.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice way to work, but I am so OCD I could never work in wet clothes, thus I guess defeating the purpose...lol.

Glad that boat is fixed. I need a ride

Kristen said...

Yes, it's my office at work that is warm too as described in my email.