Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just say no

Once again, I've decided there's WAY too much television watching in my life. I know you may wonder how that's possible since I'm so busy, but trust me, it's possible. At night when I'm working, often I'll sit in front of the TV and work with the TV on in the background. As soon as I decide I finally need to veg out at the end of the day, I plop myself in front of the television.

I've lost entire days, just gazing into that silly little machine. It's crazy, and it needs to stop. There's hardly anything good on right now (except for SHO/HBO!!), so this is a good time to take a break. I'm going to try to greatly reduce the amount of time I spent in front of the TV.

I tried it last night, and believe me, it's way more enjoyable relaxing on a hammock, reading a book, than sitting in a hot house in front of a lame TV show...in a chair that's practically conformed to my every bump and curve.

I think TV can be quite entertaining, but right now, it's just not adding to my overall quality of life in anyway, so that's that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you spout such craziness. Thankfully I am in a room with no tv now so you didn't hurt his feelings.

Alison... said...

HBO / Showtime shows are sooooooooo good but I had the same feeling you did about TV yesterday... cept my vice is reality TV. After having watching the new Khloe and Kourtney Kardasian show, I realized that I need to stop watching celeb reality TV -

Seriously!