Monday, September 21, 2009

I love weekends

I really should give thought to saving money at some point in my life. That way I can have a glimmer of hope related to retirement. I love being able to do whatever I want with my time, even if that means working. I don't love following a schedule that it's exactly up to me. I've been back to a full time normal job for one week, and now I'm thinking of retirement. LOL.

Friday night we were both tired, so we just stayed in and had a quiet night of TV...very relaxing. Saturday, I got up at 6:30 and I came into the office and worked for 5 hours or so, and then I went home, worked on some grant applications for the lake association, did some homework, prepared for my Bible study, and by 4PM I was on the hammock reading my book. It was so relaxing just reading, knowing I had accomplished a ton, and just listening to the sounds the water makes, and silly boys in a canoe singing Janis Joplin songs.

Saturday night, we went for dinner at Stephanie and Carolyn's house, and it was fantastic.

Sunday, we had Bible study, then we went out for a phenomenal lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, followed by the movie "All About Steve" (adorable - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sandra Bullock)...when I got home, I read on the hammock for a while, and then I started making dinner, and reading while it cooked. I finished my good book (always feel a loss after that), and we had a very yummy dinner.

I watched TV for a little while, went to bed, and here I am. Tippy Tappy Typing my weekend update for you. LOL

I actually feel GREAT today. Not physically, I'm sore, and my allergies are bothering me, but mentally and emotionally, it's a great day. I'm so glad I got so much work done over the weekend, because I can enter the week ahead of the game.

I can accomplish a full week of work, spending 5 hours in the office when no one else is there. It's amazing. On the school front, I have all 100's so far, on my first 3 assignments/tests. I'm not focused on the grades that much, but it's nice to see the A's rolling in.

That's my update. I'm continuing to actively choose joy in my life, and I'm loving it.

How are you?? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a fun weekend. Mine blew...lol. Sounds like you are in overachiever overdrive this week. What would you ever do if you retired. You couldn't handle it

Unknown said...

Glad you got lots done over the weekend, it's nice to start the week ahead of the game!