Friday, January 15, 2010

Imagine One Voice


As many of you know, I recently created a group called Imagine One Voice to raise up solutions to pressing social issues to political leaders.  Today I will be meeting with some members of Senator Shaheen's staff to discuss some of these solutions.  My hopes for this meeting are really just to leave with a plan to push some of these solutions forward. 

I have drafted a very simple presentation that outlines the objectives of the discussion, as well as some very high level descriptions of possible solutions to the current jobs crisis in the US.  I have a unique skill set, and I think my experience in Human Resources and my interest in the economy and bipartisan political initiatives should suit me well to being part of the solution.

I am willing to wager that there are probably many people like me who have skills and interest to contribute to solving some of our nation's toughest problems.  Right now, too many hands are in the pot in Washington.  Fixing something as simple as no longer offering tax breaks to US companies off shoring work and business, is ridden with implications to agendas on the right and the left. 

We need to take the politics of the issues out of the issues alltogether.  We need to give some control back to the people who aren't worried about getting campaign financing or re-elections or deals that have been made - people who just want to see this country set on a course for success and wellness. 

The idea behind Imagine One Voice is very simple - it's just the concept that one person's voice can be heard.  One person can make a difference.  Right now, our group has 69 members, and we are growing every day.  I'm hoping that the meeting today will lead to new opportunities, and that our voices can unite as we identify real, relevant, meaningful solutions to the issues we face today.

Web site:  http://www.imagineonevoice.com/
Facebook group:  http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=192305551694&ref=ts

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most people see these problems and just think, what can I do. But you, attach every problem like you will have the solution.

Go get'em kid. Can you fix wall street and healthcare reform why you are at it.

Alison... said...

Glad you're back talking about 'one voice'

Kristen said...

I never left.

Alison... said...

I hadn't seen anything new mentioned on blog or face book or on the website.

Kristen said...

you must not be getting the updates